Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Little Craziness in Key West

While I was down in Key West with my girls, I went on the philosophy that "What happens in Key West stays in Key West.  In other words, I could be as little more relaxed than I could back in Geneseo.  Anyway, we were lounging poolside at the hotel.  It was one of those places where we had to get out by 10 AM to snag enough decent lounge chairs.

In honor of this trip, I got the skimpiest string bikini possible.  My girls commented on it; one said, Mommy, you're showing your boobs!  [Where did she learn such words?]

Anyway, I got up to hop in the pool when the strings to my bathing suit top got caught in the plastic straps of the chair.  My daughters started pointing and laughing at me as I tried to cover up and put my top back on

I then observed that I got a lot of strangers looking on and applauding.

In a moment of craziness, I pulled my top off for a second to acknowledge their attention.

We went back to Geneseo and my normal, stable life.

2 comments:

  1. When something things go weird, the weird turn pro, as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson said.

    I hope you will post regularly, Meredith.

    ReplyDelete